[ASK] Assistant Professor of Anthropology Position at NKU

Douglas Hume humed1 at nku.edu
Thu Jun 18 18:01:21 EDT 2015

The Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Philosophy at Northern
Kentucky University (NKU) invites applications for a tenure-track
Assistant Professor of Anthropology with an archaeology focus, beginning
August 2016.

Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity,
and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence
through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and
staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.

Research interests are open, but candidates should be prepared to teach
introduction to prehistory, archaeology method and theory,
archaeological laboratory methods, North American prehistory, and a
local annual summer field methods school. In addition, candidates must
be able to develop upper-division courses in their area of expertise.
Preference given to prehistoric Ohio Valley and Southeastern United
States, but other regions will be considered.
Qualifications

Candidates must have Ph.D. in Anthropology, preferred candidate will
have evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching, a current
research project, completed professional papers and/or publications,
success in writing grants, willingness to involve undergraduate students
in research, and willingness to participate in civic engagement.

Applications should include a cover letter, current vita, and names and
email addresses of at least three references. Submit application online
at https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/3015. Letters of recommendation will be
requested upon narrowing the candidate pool.

Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2015, and continue until
the position is filled. For more information about the anthropology
program at NKU, visit http://anthropology.nku.edu/.

For additional information about NKU, visit http://www.nku.edu.

Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go
through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.