[SAS] Santa Fe meetings, 03/28 - 04/01

Stephen Chrisomalis chrisomalis at wayne.edu
Tue Mar 14 14:10:32 EDT 2017

It's now just two weeks until the start of our SASci annual spring meeting in conjunction with the 77th annual meetings of the Society for Applied Anthropology in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Those of you who are presenting will already have received various confirmation emails and communications directly from SfAA about your presentation times.

The overall preliminary program can be downloaded at http://www.sfaa.net/files/8814/8578/5987/PRELIMINARY_PROGRAM_2017_1-30-17.pdf  . We have SASci-sponsored events every day from Wednesday through to Saturday, including (of particular note) a number of important methods workshops that require registration and have an additional fee.

Our spring business meeting and reception will take place on Friday March 31 at 5:30pm in the Meem room at the Drury Plaza hotel (one of the conference hotels where, fortunately, many of the SASci events are taking place throughout the week).  Please plan on attending!

Information will be sent out very shortly about the student paper prize and travel awards.  If you are a student and are presenting at the Santa Fe meetings, we strongly encourage you to submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to be in touch with me (Steve Chrisomalis - SASci program chair) by email.

Cheers,

Stephen Chrisomalis

Associate Professor and Graduate Director
Dept. of Anthropology
Wayne State University
3019 FAB, 656 W. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202