[SAS] SAS at AAA: Posters!

Stephen Chrisomalis chrisomalis at wayne.edu
Sun Apr 9 17:08:53 EDT 2017

SAS members,

If you're planning on going to the AAA in Washington this fall, and are looking to try something new, or don't feel like putting together an oral presentation, consider submitting a proposal for an individually volunteered poster, or even a full poster session.  Posters are an ideal way to have longer, in-depth discussions with individuals, and to present and use visual materials effectively.  As a scientifically-oriented section of the AAA, SAS is highly cognizant that in many disciplines, posters are the norm, and the AAA has increasingly become aware of this over the past couple of years.  There is now far greater capacity for posters than in the past.  We particularly think that this is an excellent opportunity for students to present their scholarly work.

Our program committee (Murray Leaf - chair; Doug Hume; Stephen Chrisomalis) will review poster sessions and individual posters that designate SAS as the primary review section.  The deadline (04/14, 5pm EDT) and submission process is identical to that for oral presentations.  Please consider SAS when submitting posters for this year's meeting.

Cheers,

Stephen Chrisomalis
Associate Professor and Graduate Director
Dept. of Anthropology
Wayne State University
3019 FAB, 656 W. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202